Purpose

Each week I will provide info on an independent music act who I believe deserves a listen by music lovers all over the web. Bands I have either met/seen live or acts I have discovered as a result of my late night myspace habit will be featured. Occasionally a CD review may creep into the blog, as mainstream artists put out the latest of their libraries of riffs and melodies for the world to hear. So please lend your ears and take five minutes out of your week to listen to talent individuals who sleep, eat, and breathe what they do. You may even discover a new favorite underground band...

Live, Love, Sing.

-Matt

Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Temper Trap



This week I'm going to venture to the land down under and talk about a melodramatic popular song rock band from Melbourne Australia. Although The Temper Trap isn't exactly independent, they will most likely be foreign to most of us in the northern hemisphere. At one of my own bands recent rehearsals, our singer mentioned the band with promise to send me a link to some live videos of T.T.T. The first video was good but to be honest didn't really think much of them. I almost quit right there and didn't bother to go on the second link, but I figured I would give it a chance and I'm sure glad I did. As soon as the verse started I was instantly hooked, and without second thought, immediately bought their album on I tunes.

The particular song that caught me so abruptly was "Fader". A link to the music video for this song is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L18tjO2GYnU

I seriously recommend taking a listen and maybe it will catch you
the same way it caught me.

The band starts with lead singer Dougy. Originally from Indonesia, with a huge musical family, he moved around a lot and finally settled in Australia where he met the band that is now a huge success in Australia and in Europe. They are currently in the middle of a huge European tour in support of their debut album "Conditions"

The album sells for $7.99 on I tunes but more importantly, mp3's are streaming on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/thetempertrap

As for an update on last week's post. The Fields of Green Cd release for Blanktown was unbelievable. The band sounds and plays live as good as the CD and that's hard
to come by this day in age of the music industry. Hands down I can say with confidence that it is probably the best independent record I've heard to date. I will be sure to keep you updated on their plans to venture to Edmonton for a show sometime in May.

That's all for this week.

Live, Love, Sing.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment